The lack of NXT Sensors in this region has led to the need to directly import and distribute these NXT Sensors from
. Working closely with Dexter Industries,
we at Building Blocks will support users from the Asia Pacific region. Building Blocks plans to build a more integrated
community for NXT Mindstorms users in this region.
to see the full selection of LEGO Sensors available.
Sensors that are curntly supported in EV3.
dTIR (Thermal Infrared Sensor)
Buildingblocks is proud to announce that we are currently carrying Dexter's Brickpi as seen on their Kickstarter campaign.
Click here for more info.
Building Blocks have the following products available for sales or evaluation. Please contact us for more details.
3rd Party Sensors
The Dexter Industries NXTBee sensor brings the Digi XBee radios to the Lego Mindstorms NXT system! These high-speed long-distance wireless communications sensors allow your NXT to communicate with any other device with an XBee radio. The XBee 802.15 communication protocol is the standard for robots everywhere!
- Power output: 1mW (+0 dBm) International version
- Indoor/Urban range: Up to 30m
- Outdoor/RF line-of-sight range: Up to 90m
- Operating frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Receiver sensitivity: -92 dBm
- Spread Spectrum type: DSSS (Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum)
- Networking topology: Point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, & peer-to-peer
- Error handling: Retries & acknowledgements
- Filtration options: PAN ID, Channel, and 64-bit addresses
- Channel capacity:
- NXTBee: 16 Channels
- NXTBee-PRO: 12 Channels
- Addressing: 65,000 network addresses available for each channel
- Fast & long distance wireless communications
- Indoor range of ~30m
- Outdoor range of ~90m
- Talk to multiple NXTs and other devices and robots
- Minimal configuration with advanced options for secure and mesh networking
- User Manual for NXTBee can be found here.
- Technical Specs for XBee can be found here.
- NXTBee Sensor blocks and programming examples here.